Sunday, November 03, 2013

Finding Christians in Unexpected Places

Like Philip Yancey, I feel it is always a privilege to discover God in unexpected places. However I have recently encountered Christians in unexpected places too.

I am not a particular fan of stand-up comedy, but according to my reputable sources Milton Jones is a moderately bright star in the comic cosmos. Hence my surprise to learn that he is a Christian - and more than that - one who is prepared to be 'out' about his faith. Milton Jones is a stand-up Christian as well as a stand-up comedian - good for him!

I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. 'It takes all sorts to make a world' as the saying goes. Indeed, God will take all sorts to make up his heaven: 'From every nation, tribe, people and language'. [Revelation 7]

No comments: